Thursday, October 27

Life Lessons from pop- culture

As Yuppies’s, pop-culture influences our lives on many levels. Most of what we see, hear
and learn through pop-culture is not very insightful; however, sometimes you come across 
something that really hits close to home. 
 
 Mark Waters movie Mean Girls is one funny-assed movie. It was actually one of the first 
satirical movies that I really enjoyed (don’t judge me!). Anyway, it was on t.v the other 
day and one quote really stood out to me. It was close to the end of the movie when LiLo 
has a moment of realization and she says:
 
“Calling somebody else fat
won't make you any skinnier.
 
Calling someone stupid
doesn't make you any smarter.
 
And ruining Regina George's life
definitely didn't make me any happier.
 
All you can do in life is try to solve
the problem in front of you.”
 
I got a lot of positive feedback from my previous post and this quote just reminded me of 
it so I thought I would share it.
 
I believe that if we concentrate on the positives in life, and in people as a whole, our lives 
will be happier and our world a better place. This might sound corny, but its how I feel. I 
find that often people “hate” on others for no valid reason. Granted, not everyone likes 
everyone but I just do not like people that rarely have positive things to say about others.
 
By no means am I saying everyone has to be nice, this message is strictly for all the 
HATERS out there.
 
Lesson to be learned: Don’t hate without a valid reason. Solve the problem that is 
in front of you. ;)
 
Hmmm…Who woulda thought that Lilo could be so insightful? lol
 
xoxo 
YP
 

No comments:

Post a Comment