Friday, July 22

SummerLicious = Overrated



What’s the deal with SummerLicious? I mean every summer your yuppie friends will try to get together and plan an outing to a restaurant for SummerLicious. “Incredible value of 3-course prix fixe menus at 150 of Toronto's favourite restaurants”. I mean sure, it sounds like a GREAT bang for your buck, but have you ever truly liked the SummerLicious menu at any of these restaurants? I am talking to the point where you want to go back because you crave it? NOT ME!
It is a great experience and it’s a nice thing to do in good company but in terms of food (and you should know by now how much I LOVE food) it’s not really that great. It can also get quite costly. The restaurants lour you in with the attractive prices, but you end up spending so much money on drinks that when you average it out, you probably could have gone to a fancy restaurant of your choice and enjoyed the food MUCH more.
I also find that the more expensive the food, the more likely it’s a small portion or tastes gross? lol. That’s just my opinion :)
Although I am not a HUGE fan of SummerLicious, there are some restaurants that aren’t so bad. Of all the SummerLicious places I’ve tried, some of my personal favs are:

Dinner: Big Daddy's Bourbon Street Bistro & Oyster Bar (love the steak)

Dinner: Drake Hotel (love the Salted Butterscotch Pudding).

Bon Appétit!

 


 

1 comment:

  1. You have to try Fred's Not Here... when we went we had about 20+ mussels in white wine cream sauce and garlic bread, bbq ribs and cheesecake. This was there lunch menu for $15!!!!

    ReplyDelete